Saturday, September 29, 2007

Giving back

One of the great joys in life is to be able to give... and to give... and to give.
In our culture, where "having more" is the highest value, to give to others is still one of best things you can do for your life.

I know how it is. We want more, more, more. No matter how much "more" we have or how much "more" we accumulate, however, we don't seem to get any happier. For many of us, the more we have, the more work we have to do to take care of it! And the more stressed out we get! I'm sure every one of you knows the cycle of having more.

To give, to give back to the community from where we came, to give to someone else without considering whether or not they deserve it, but simply because it is good for US to give, is one of most wonderful ways to live.

I haven't mastered it, and I don't hold myself out as the best example of "giving back." I can, however, tell you that when I have given, the rewards, the joy, the satisfaction I have received have far surpassed anything else I have experienced.

How you decide to give back is up to you. To whom you decide to give back is up to you. What you decided to give back is up to you. However much you have - or don't have - you can give away something in kindness, in gentleness, in time, in a smile.
Once you learn the art of "giving back," you will see more and more opportunities to give back...

Your joy will grow and grow!

Warmly,
meb

No comments: