Thursday, October 8, 2009

Restlessness, Jealousy, Fear...

Dear Ones,

Have you felt these things: restlessness, jealousy, fear, anger, panic.... etc? etc? etc?

I've noticed that when I tell someone I have one of these "unpopular" feelings, they usually try to talk me out of them! But who are we besides ordinary human beings - with ordinary feelings - as unpopular as some of these feelings might be.

I don't know what my friends unwillingness to hear my feelings is about for them. I know that for me, it is freeing to acknowledge my feelings, and then to move on. Acknowledging my feelings is important for me - and I've discovered that the acknowledgment is for me, not for someone else. In other words, I have to accept my feeling, whether or not it is shared.

This acceptance is part of the larger acceptance of all things, big or small. Acceptance is another word for "surrender," or "letting go." I surrender to my feeling of restlessness, of jealousy, of fear.

Ahh... what freedom lies in letting go???
Warmly,
meb

No comments: