Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Gift

Dear Ones,

Yesterday as I sat at my desk, I looked down the long hall that my office faces. Christmas Tree lights still hang in the hall since last Christmas-time - our nod to fun! Betsy, who volunteers in the office, was slowly coming down the hall, holding a cup of coffee, the precariousness of the situation heightened by her limp. Betsy uses a cane ordinarily, but this time there was no cane.

I watched her silently. Betsy was silent, too. I wondered if she was going to take her cup of coffee into the room with the computer?

She walked into my office. "Is that for me?" I asked. I guess it hadn't clicked. "Yes!" she said. Betsy is not one who often gives gifts, in my memory. "Thank you!" I hope the glee and gratitude showed in my voice.

A gift.

Will I be the giver or the gifted, today?

Warmly,
meb

No comments: