Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gratitude

Dear Ones,

Last night was the harvest full moon. A small group of us walked a labyrinth in a church courtyard. The moon never rose over the buildings, but its presence attended to the night. Traffic sounds, a hearty wind, the tinkle of a small fountain at the edge of the labyrinth, leaves on the cement - all contributed to the symphony that accompanied our walk.

I wanted to walk in my stocking feet. As the wind came up ahead of time, I wondered about the wisdom of this, but I took off my shoes and was surprised that the concrete labyrinth was still warm from the day's sun. Ahh...! What a relief to walk and feel the warmth!

Beauty surrounded me - the wind and the sounds and the crisp air - as well as the walking women, one wrapped in a long blue blanket.

As usual in the labyrinth, I had to shorten my steps and I had to make sure I stayed focused. Some say that walking the labyrinth is like life, and focusing to stay focused is surely my life! One moment I almost fell off the track, thinking about something else. Otherwise, I was there! I shortened my steps and didn't even think too much - I think!!!!

As I left the center, a moment of gratitude descended on me. Where did it come from? All of a sudden, there it was! I felt it, strong in my heart, and relished in it.

Warmly,
meb

No comments: