Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Be joyful always...

Dear Ones,

I have begun to practice joy, and it is changing my view of life. How do I do this?

I am learning to give thanks for everything, whether I like it or not! The truth is, in this moment, I have much to be thankful for. I have the gift of life. I have the beauty that surrounds me always. I have the fresh colors of the day. I have the little bird who comes close to me when I step outside. I have the feel of the wind, the movement of the leaves in the trees.

I "have" these things, but I don't possess them. Nothing I possess will ever equal the richness of having these things in the moment. Because I am learning to give thanks, to practice joy, I am learning to even say a whispered: "thank you," when things don't seem to be what I'd like them to be.

After all, how do I know?

Warmly,
meb

No comments: