Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Holding that Thought...

Dear Friends,

What do you want to do with your one "wild and precious life"? (Mary Oliver). Well, I want to do... this and that... etc. We each have our own lists, of course.

What if you held your thoughts about this differently? What if you thought: "I am on a trip to Italy, enjoying the beautiful sea and the warm people of Italy..."
"I am a professor of English at __________ University, with a specialty in Middle English. I enchant my classes with my love and knowledge."
"I am ---"

Then, see yourself and feel yourself into the thoughts you hold. For a few moments, don't feel the longing you feel as you think about those things. Instead, feel them happening now.

Make this part of your prayer. Ask: What am I called to do with my one wild and precious life?" When your answer is clear, hold that thought as if it is happening now.

Let's see what happens!
Warmly,
meb

No comments: