Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The wind...

Dear Friends,

I think there is nothing more comforting than the wind - a small breeze that lightly blows the leaves on the trees, that silently changes the stillness of the world.

I like the silence of the wind.

Sometimes, as we know, the wind is not silent, but moves and winds over the earth, stirring things convulsively and violently, bringing with it a horrific sound, dangerous. Sometimes the wind blows through our lives that way, too, and we have to turn our backs to it and be blown along. There's no other way to survive.

It is the ever-presence of the wind that is comforting to me. I like to know that not everything is dependent on my action, on my thinking, on my speaking. I like to know that who I am and who you are is being moved - and created - by the wind.

The ancient word for "wind" and "spirit," are the same.

Warmly,
meb

No comments: