Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Place of Quiet

Dear Friends,

We are coming up to a busy season. Most of us want to do all of the things we have to do, but the holidays can be tiring. At the same time, in the midst of all the celebrating, we remember and miss those who are not with us any longer. I know for me, the image of Christmas I have carried in my mind is of the beautiful, old-fashioned tree my mother carefully decorated with tinsel year after year. That Christmas has been gone for a long time, but still, that is Christmas to me.

Make for yourself a Place of Quiet in this season. Go to that place whenever you can, for a few minutes. Since that place is inside of you, and not outside of you, you can go there at any time, wherever you are. Explore that place of quiet, that peaceful place around and about the voices of your ego and of others, those demand on your time. When you find that place, you can always return.

Make this your holiday practice: enjoy your place of quiet.

Warmly,
meb

No comments: