Friday, November 21, 2008

A Blessed Day

Dear Ones,

Today is a blessed fall day in northern California. I have just come in from spending a few minutes on the back stoop with my very shy black and white cat. I was able to lift her onto my lap and rub her tummy, which makes her rattle.

I don't know about you, but for much of my life, I've been too busy with other things - jobs to do, errands to run, calls to make, important meetings to go to - to enjoy a few silent moments of bliss, sitting on the ground in the sun with a cat on my lap. These days, I've discovered that these are the richest moments of all.

Meanwhile, the business of the world goes on. Congress meets to consider more billion-dollar bailouts. The cities struggle to pay their bills. We all have money worries. All across the world, people are fearful.

And then, there are these few moments of absolute bliss. May you have a few moments of bliss, yourself, today.

Warmly,
meb

No comments: