Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You are so much more...

For a long time, I identified myself with the scared little girl from my childhood. Whenever conflict arose in my life, I was afraid. I was afraid to try new things. I was afraid of being depressed, of being lonely, of being alone. I thought I was the scared little girl.

The truth is, I am much, much more than the scared little girl. She is part of me, it's true. She'll always be there, looking to me to mother her. I can see her as I write this message. She has big eyes, brimming with tears, and she is very, very needy.

So I embrace her. I tell her it's ok, because we have what we need to make things ok. What we need comes from my whole self, so big and so connected to the Universe, to God, to others, that I can't see my edges. I am big, I am much, much bigger, much, much more wise, much, much greater than the parts of myself I've identified with.

We all are. You are. Whenever you reach out to your Higher Self, to your Higher Power, you are remembering that you are so much more than you think you are!

Warmly,
meb

No comments: