Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hello to all!

"What will you do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver, American poet

What will I do, indeed? What will you do with yours?
Sometimes I spend a lot of time thinking about what I "should" be doing. Or I spend days worrying about what's going to happen next. The thoughts and worries - which are also thoughts - can fill my hours and days. When I'm thinking and worrying, I'm not very present to those around me, but that's another topic.
Sometimes I want to spend all my time talking to psychics, or reading my daily horoscope, in case the answer to what I will do or "should" will be revealed.
Or I feverishly pray - calling on my spiritual partners and other friends - for signs that I can't miss to come into my life. As in: "neon signs."
When I'm done with all of these things (they are simply ways to "work on" my life), I begin to realize - slowly and painfully - that I am doing what I need to be doing in my life. I'm doing it at the right time, in the right place, at the right pace, and with all the right people.

Even now, I can breathe freely. That's what happens when I come to this point. My wild and precious life is here, now.
Warmly,
meb

No comments: